WordPress, as we all know, is the most widely used content management system at the present date. One of the most important reasons behind the excessive popularity of WordPress is – it is one of the most comfortable platforms to perform SEO activities which is extremely important to gain high rankings in Search Engine Result Pages. The CMS provides a number of free as well as paid SEO plugins that ease the job of digital marketers to a great extent. When we talk about SEO plugins in WordPress, the two most common names we come across are Yoast SEO and Rank Math.
In this article, we are going to uncover all the main points about these two plugins so that you can easily decide which one to choose for your next project. Meanwhile, if you are looking to hire the best SEO experts in the industry to gain high rankings on Search Engine Result Pages and drive enormous traffic towards your website, you can meet us now.
Let us begin with the introduction of the plugin
Plugin – An overview
A plugin is nothing but a ready-made piece of code that can be easily added to a WordPress website with an aim to increase its features and functionalities without doing much endeavors. SEO plugins are something that is utilized in a WordPress website to make it more SEO friendly and Yoast SEO and Rank Math are the two most popular names in this respect at the present date.
Yoast is a powerful WordPress SEO plugin that is ruling the market for a long time now. The plugin is considered as the most reliable plugin for performing SEO activities and has reached more than 5 million installations so far. However, a number of functionalities provided by Yoast are free to use, the plugin does have a premium version as well that can be adopted to enjoy it in a more enhanced way.
Benefits of Yoast SEO
- The plugin is compatible with a large number of WordPress themes and plugins due to which it performs a great job for bulk of websites.
- The plugin gets updated on a consistent basis.
- The plugin provides a free version to support low budget websites.
Rank Math, on the other hand, is a newly developed SEO plugin that aid SEO experts to perform a lot of on-page as well as technical SEO activities. However, almost 70% of people make use Yoast currently but Rank Math is also gaining the attraction very rapidly because of the positive reviews the plugin is getting from people. Below is a picture of some of the most powerful features provided by the plugin that too for free.
Benefits of Rank Math
- Even if the plugin is a free one, the associated support is very good and almost all the requests are answered within 24 hours of the application.
- The plugin provides all the advanced features free of cost. Hence, the plugin is perfect for the sites requiring advanced features with low budget constraints.
Yoast v/s Rank Math – A Quick Comparison
- Yoast does have a premium version. You need to invest a huge amount of money to take advantage of more advanced features whereas Rank Math is completely free of cost. It provides all the premium features for free.
- As content analysis is an important feature to be provided by all SEO plugins, both Yoast and Rank Math do provide the same but the detailed content analysis provided by Rank Math is not provided by any other SEO plugin including Yoast. Also, Rank Math provides ratings in numeric values which is contrasting Yoast that shows just good or bad.
- Although Yoast does offer a free version, it does not provide advanced features in the same and one needs to buy its premium version to enjoy the more advanced features. Hence the plugin is not suitable for those who have very tight budget constraints. Rank Math, on the other hand, provides all the advanced features free of cost. Hence, Rank Math is perfect for those who are developing their sites with tight budges.
- The free version of Yoast permits bloggers to set only one keyword in their blog. In order to target more keywords, they have to go for its paid version. Rank Math, on the other hand, permits bloggers to set five or more keywords in their blog without paying anything.
- Yoast SEO has a long experience as well as a bigger team and is compatible with a tremendous number of WordPress themes and plugins which may not be the case with Rank Math.
- Rank Math provides a complete schema support for the content present on your website. Yoast SEO, on the other hand, provides no such functionality and you have to rely on external plugins to incorporate the feature in your website.
- Although Yoast SEO does provide Google Search Console integration, you can not keep track of your data from your WordPress Dashboard. Rank Math, on the other hand, is extremely helpful to monitor your Google Search Console data.
The Bottom Line
To conclude the above discussion, we can say that of course, Rank Math is on top of Yoast SEO in terms of functionality (as it provides all the features for free) but when it comes to experience and compatibility, Yoast SEO is the winner.
However, Yoast is a remarkably popular plugin that has already been adopted by a tremendous number of digital marketers, Rank Math is giving a tough competition to Yoast and emerging as the best alternative to it. Hence, if you are fed up with the issues occurring with Yoast and looking to switch, you can try Rank Math for sure.
Meanwhile, if you are still not sure which one to use, concerned about your website traffic, or need any other kind of assistance, you can take assistance from the team of the best digital marketers in the industry but contacting us right away!