Are you looking to create a new online or want to update the existing one?
The biggest hurdle you must be facing in such a situation is choosing the right platform to proceed with. However, a large number of options are available today to accomplish the task, the two most popular among them are WooCommerce and Shopify. If you are also looking to make a choice between the WooCommerce v/s Shopify and struggling with a number of questions such as which one of the two is the best fit for your needs, which one is more cost-effective, which one offers you more number of features and so on then don’t worry as you are landed at the right page.
This article is aimed at introducing you with the two most commonly used platforms for developing eCommerce applications – WooCommerce v/s Shopify and assisting you to make a wise choice between the two. Meanwhile, if you are sure about your choice and want to hire experienced eCommerce developers to work on your upcoming project, you can meet our team today.
WooCommerce – An Overview
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin that enables developers to easily transform their WordPress website into a fully-functional online store. The remarkably feature-rich plugin enables developers to mold the websites in any way as per the requirements and permits business owners to sell anything from physical products to digital services. Moreover to this, a large number of WooCommerce extensions are available in the market that allows the developers to include added functionalities to the website that may not be available in the traditional WooCommerce plugin.
Benefits of WooCommerce
- WooCommerce provides a huge range of customization options.
- The WooCommerce plugin is free of cost to use.
- The plugin has a huge community support across the globe.
- The plugin works with WordPress, the most comfortable platform to accomplish SEO activities.
- WooCommerce is a greatly coordinated platform that provides a feeling of professionalism.
Drawbacks of WooCommerce
- WooCommerce requires the involvement of two platforms – WordPress and WooCommerce for a successful accomplishment.
- Although WooCommerce offers a huge range of functionalities to generate an effective online store, the numbers are not perfect sometimes that may lead to go for paid extensions thereby increasing the cost of development.
Shopify – An Overview
Shopify is an eCommerce platform utilized by store owners to create their online stores. It is an eCommerce website builder that has a room for everyone right from the beginner level developers to eCommerce professionals. Shopify proffers you the ability to select from a huge collection of free and paid design templates along with a variety of editing tools that you can utilize to mold your selected template in a way that goes in accordance with your brand. Moreover, the subscription with Shopify also incorporates a secured and stable hosting for your site.
Benefits of Shopify
- Shopify offers a number of pleasant themes to make the site more attractive.
- It allows you to launch your site in no time.
- The prices offered by Shopify are very much satisfactory.
- Shopify offers a 14 days free trial so that you can test it for yourself before making a purchasing decision.
- Shopify provides a free theme loaded on to your store and permits you to customize it in whatever way you want.
Drawbacks of Shopify
- Shopify does not allow you to have much control over your site.
- The customization offered by Shopify is not very good as compared to other platforms.
WooCommerce v/s Shopify – A Quick Comparison Between the Two
- WooCommerce is self-hosted that saves all your store’s files on your own server. Hence, you are free to change anything as and when you desire. Shopify, on the other hand, is hosted where Shopify manages the software for you. This means that you can introduce only those changes to the software that Shopify allows you to introduce.
- WooCommerce is not as beginner-friendly as Shopify is.
- WooCommerce provides a lot of customization options that give you the flexibility to create almost everything you desire in your store which may not be possible with Shopify.
- The ease of use offered by Shopify is excellent whereas it is not-so-good in the case of WooCommerce
- Shopify offers an excellent uptime and page speed whereas it is just OK in the case of WooCommerce.
- The security parameters offered by Shopify are better as compared to WooCommerce.
- The multilingual capabilities offered by Shopify are poor whereas WooCommerce provides great multilingual capabilities.
- Getting started with WooCommerce is a bit lengthy process as it involves the installation of WordPress and then configuring WooCommerce with it whereas creating a Shopify account is all that you need to do in order to get started with Shopify.
- WooCommerce offers unlimited numbers of ready-made themes that can be utilized to give a pleasant look to your website whereas the numbers are limited in the case of Shopify.
- WooCommerce is a free plugin. Shopify, on the other hand, is not free to use however it provides a free trial version of 14 days that you can utilize to test it before going for a purchase.
The Bottom Line
Looking at the above discussion, we can conclude that both WooCommerce and Shopify have their own unique feature set, pros, and cons. Although the most important factors to be considered while choosing a platform to accomplish any task include its feature set, pricing, and flexibility and the same is applicable here also, there are a lot more things that are required to be thought of before proceeding with the next steps.
Indylogix is a company that possesses such a development team that is having strong expertise on both the platforms. Hence, no matter whatever is your choice, get in touch with us straight away to enjoy the best services at the most affordable prices!